Belatrix Software, a leading software development company, held its annual hackatrix in Lima, Peru. The event was held in collaboration with the largest Peruvian bank, BCP. The objective of the day long hackathon was to bring together technology experts to develop prototypes of new fintech products and services.
Over the past few years technology has dramatically transformed the financial services sector. In the event, Belatrix and BCP tasked the participants to use the latest technologies to develop innovative ideas to continue the fintech revolution. More than 200 people attended, and 30 teams participated. Teams used technologies ranging from facial recognition, blockchain, machine learning and artificial intelligence, bots and chatbots, mobile wallets and e-wallets, to web, mobile applications, and digital platforms.
The winning team was the “Dev Master” team who created a prototype of a digital platform designed to make it easier to auction debts to financial organizations. Some of the other products developed include:
- A digital platform to make it easier to send remittances between different countries – helping the different parties manage the transaction locally, and lowering the costs of the transfer.
- A smart electronic wallet that enables consumers to pay for things via their cell phone, while also accessing promotions and discounts based on their location and preferences.
- Improved identification services for banks and financial service providers, by using facial recognition and a speech bot.
- An anti-fraud bot for electronic payments. At the moment of payment, the bot checks the information of the owner of the card, and using artificial intelligence then sends the information to the bank.
- A personal and collaborative financial savings platform. The platform would make it possible to apply for a personal loan, or obtain a loan for a group of people, all managed by a bot.
- A blockchain solution to improve supply chain operations. This solution would make it easier for organizations to operate their supply chains, and make payments to suppliers, while lowering the risk of fraud.
Belatrix delegated a technical committee to judge the participants, which included the following experts: Mauricio Albán Salas, Manager of Architecture Technology for BCP, and who has experience in creating highly-skilled teams for cloud, big data and blockchain; Mario Cruz Aguilar, Co-Founder and CEO of Kontigo.pe, a platform that connects people requesting credit or insurance with financial companies; Gabriel dos Reis, Manager of Architecture Services for BCP; Fernando Gonzalez, VP of Marketing at Belatrix Software; and Jorge Jaime Landaburu, CTO of Aseguralohoy.com and Director of Bluemetrik Consulting.
Fernando Gonzalez, VP of Marketing at Belatrix, and host of the event, commented: “It was an excellent event, and inspiring to see so much talent and dedication on display. I want to thank everyone who participated and helped make it such a success”.